Artist Registration 2020
The Dania Beach Community Redevelopment Agency proudly presents the seventh annual “Arts & Seafood Celebration” to showcase the renaissance of Downtown Dania Beach, City Center and the Design, Arts & Vintage districts to south Florida residents and visitors. Attendees will experience the energy of revitalization and are encouraged to enjoy a weekend of entertainment, local restaurant fare, unique shops and businesses and to discover inspiring, talented artists.
Dania Beach Arts & Seafood Celebration 2018
Frost Park 300 Northeast 2nd Street
Dania Beach, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 3/28/20 – 3/29/20
Application Deadline: 3/1/20 Midnight EST
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee: (Jury Fee): $15.00
The Dania Beach Community Redevelopment Agency proudly presents the AWARD WINNING Eighth Annual Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration. We invite and welcome artists and crafters in all media and categories. All work must be original–NO imports, kits, items made from kits or items using pre-manufactured components are allowed. This is a two-day event that showcases over 100 Fine Craft Artists and includes children’s activities, wine and beer gardens, seafood, a signature sand sculpture, and community non-profits. Attendees will be treated not only to Arts & Craft Artists, but to live musical entertainment, as well as food from eating establishments in Dania Beach, Florida. The Celebration will take place Saturday, March 28th, 2019 from 11:00am – 8:00pm and Sunday, March 29st, 2019 from 11:00am – 6:00pm.
- Artists’ Oasis: Continental Breakfast, snacks, and water offered daily
- Booth sitters
- Total Amount of $1,500 in Cash Awards eligible for all Artist Exhibitors
- One $500 Best of Show Award and Four $250 Honorable Mentions
- Printed program with Artists listing
- Gated and Overnight Security
The notification date will be sent out on Friday, March 6th. If you are accepted, payment must be received by Friday, March 13, 2020 and should be paid online and is your agreement to exhibit. Do Not Pay Booth Fees in advance.
Ceramics or Clay
Original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, the artist must sign each piece. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted.
Drawing or Printmaking
Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayons, etc., or from a fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush. Printed works for which the artists hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Printmakers are required to disclose both their creative and printmaking processes. Digital art applicants may apply in this category.
Fiber and Leather
All work crafted from fibers, leather including basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry and papermaking. No machine-tooled, machine-screened patterns or miscellaneous forms of mass production are permitted. All factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artists, are not accepted in this category.
Glass works that are functional or decorative by design and are kiln formed or have been crafted by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved. No forms of mass production are permitted.
All jewelry, whether produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metals. No production studio work is allowed
Two and three-dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. This includes non-sculpture work as determined by the artist.
Works created in oils, watercolors and/or acrylics.
Photographic prints made from artist’s original negative that have been processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes.
Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
Original works that are hand tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
The marketing plan includes the following elements:
- Radio and TV (through various media outlets including Comcast TV ads and various radio ads)
- Ads in Sun Sentinel, Miami Herald, local print publications and online publications
- Posters, Postcards and 4,000 Event programs
- Social Media campaign Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Over 257,000 targeted online impressions in 2019
- Interactive website
- Static and electronic signs and 10’ banners strategically located in high traffic zones within the City of Dania Beach and on the Dania Beach Pier
- Event promotion at the 2020 Dania Beach Vintage Motorcycle Show
All artwork must be the original work of the displaying artist. No proxy exhibitors, commercial dealers or agents are permitted.
- An artist may not exhibit in any other festival on the same dates as The Dania Beach Arts & Seafood Celebration.
- The work of only one exhibitor may be displayed in each assigned space, with the exception of artist teams or collaborators.
- Artist teams and/or collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor; however, such a team may not consist of more than two people. If you do enter as an artist team or collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the online application. Both artists must be present throughout the entire show. No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted.
- Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited.
- Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category in which they are accepted. See application rules regarding applying in multiple categories.
- Artwork will not be permitted if it is created from molds, kits or other commercial methods.
- Artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted, nor will work that is mass-produced in combination with items created from original handcrafted pieces. We reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
- Art made from ready-made items like clothing, commercially dyed material or furniture with painted, dyed or embellishments will not be accepted.
- No work on display may be copies of masters, advertisements, or widely circulated photographs.
- All developing and printing of images must be done by the artist or under the direct supervision of the artist.
- All artwork shown in the booth must be comparable to artwork shown in images. Compliance will be verified during the event. Event staff will review all artwork. We will ask the exhibitor to remove ineligible work. Booth images will be used to verify booth display presentation. Booth areas must look professional at all times.
- Show management reserves the right to render all decisions and interpretations and to establish further regulations as may be deemed necessary for the overall success and well-being of the Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration.
- Smoking will not be permitted in the show areas. Vendors will not be permitted to smoke in the booth spaces. Smoking may only take place outside of the designated show area.
- Artist’s tents/canopies must be 10’x10’, clean, in good condition, and white.
- All work must be displayed professionally. Tables covered to the ground. No boxes should be visible.
- Exhibits are to be completely set-up 30 minutes before opening of the event. Set up and breakdown times will be strictly enforced. All artists must keep their booth open each day until the event is over. Early booth closing is not permitted!
- Exhibitor shall be bound by all pertinent laws, codes and regulations of municipal and other authorities having jurisdiction over the event and shall fulfill all city, state and federal requirements including filings in connection with all business activities and sales.
- Leave spaces clean and free of debris at the end of each day.
- Exhibitor’s items are to be set-up within the designated space and not protrude into the aisle or the adjoining space.
- Anything left in your assigned space overnight is at the exhibitor’s own risk.
- Show management reserves the right to remove any exhibit which is out of keeping with the character of the event.
- If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather or by reason of an act of God, floods, hurricanes or for any cause beyond the control of show management there will be neither refunds nor credits of any kind.
- Due to space constrictions, artists traveling by RV will not be allowed on site to unload or load; items must be hand-carted in.
REPRODUCTION POLICY AND ARTIST STATEMENT
- Reproductions of original paintings, pastels, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited if they are limited editions, signed and numbered on the front of each piece.
- Framed or unframed reproductions may be displayed in one browse bin. Reproduction pieces must be clearly marked as “Reproduction” or “Limited Edition Reproduction” on the front of each piece. Reproductions may not be in the same browse bin as originals. The browse bin must also be labeled “Reproductions”.
- Framed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins and/or hung on one wall of the booth, not to exceed ten (10) linear feet. All unframed reproductions must be displayed in browse bins.
- No laser prints or color photocopies will be permitted.
- No posters, t-shirts, calendars, cards/postcards or other personal merchandise that is a mass reproduction of an original piece of artwork will be permitted in exhibitor booths.
- Artists must post an artist’s statement explaining the process and materials used in displayed works. Reproductions must also be disclosed in this statement.
FOUR images are to be submitted for each application entered by the artist. Three images must be of individual pieces of work. The fourth image, must be of a display of the artist’s work, showing overall continuity and presentation of your current body of work. The fourth image is mandatory. If a booth image per se is not available, submit an image taken of a grouping of works representative of the works to be exhibited at the show. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure the artist has a complete body of work which is represented both in the first three images and also within the fourth image. It also helps identify the scale of the artist’s work. Note: this is a blind jury process, please avoid submitting booth images with any identifiable sign, or photo of the artist themselves.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Each online application must be accompanied by a $15 credit card payment for the jury fee. This is a non-refundable jury fee. Applications will not be processed until jury fee is received. The jury fee will be deposited upon receipt. DO NOT Pay booth fees until you have been notified of your selection.
There will two locations to exhibit at two different prices ranges. $250 booth fee will be required on the street of the festival and $275 booth fee will be required inside the park area. Please refer to the attached site plan. Both areas will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, based on application received dates. Notification date will be Friday, March 6, 2020. If you are accepted, payment must be received by March 13, 2020 and should be paid online and is your agreement to exhibit. Do Not Pay Booth Fees in advance.
FOR ACCEPTED ARTISTS – It is first-come, first-serve based on when the payment is received when choosing an exhibit location. There are a limited number of park spaces available, once this area is full, all other artists will be placed at the street location. Double or corner booths, can be requested when sending in your agreement with payment. These special requests will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis as well. Payment for a corner booth must be made in a separate online transaction (Under: Corner Booth Fee).
Due to space constrictions, artists traveling by RV will not be allowed on-site to unload or load; items must be hand-carted in.
RV PARKING – There is no overnight RV parking provided, but there are nearby RV Parks available at:
Weiner’s Mobile Park
801 E Dania Beach Blvd, Dania Beach, FL 33004
Phone: (954) 929-6731
Topeekeegee Yungnee Park
300 N Park Rd, Hollywood, FL 33021
Phone: (954) 357-8811
REFUNDS – Exhibitors who do not show and do not cancel will not be re-invited.
No refunds will be processed.
- All exhibit spaces are on asphalt and grass and measure 11’ x 11’.
- Artists are to provide their own Tent/canopy booth, racks and/or tables in order to display their work in an outdoor environment.
- For Tent Rental, contact C4 Rents at 561 478-2525 (Craig).
- There is no electricity provided; small (quiet) generators are permitted.
- Booth and display must be constructed to withstand winds. Booths placed on a grass or paved surface may not anchor supports into the grass or pavement.
- Exhibitors should be prepared for inclement weather with rain covers, tie-downs and weights.
- Exhibitors will be held liable for any damages made by their tents.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own display in case of damage or loss.
- The CRA suggests artists should obtain insurance coverage for their property, for the duration of the show- from load in to load out.
- Artists desiring certain locations; asphalt, grass, corners or having any other specific space requests, will be assigned spaces on a first-come, first served basis from the date their payment was received.
Southeast Park Fee: $250 (SECTION IS BETWEEN STREET AND PARK)
Jury Fee: $15 (Credit Card Only)
Street Booth Fee: $250 (Credit Card Only)
Park Booth Fee: $275 (Credit Card Only and is ONLY on Grass) MUST HAND CART EVERYTHING INTO PARK, NO VEHICLES ALLOWED.
Double Booth Fee: $500 Street and $550 Park- Limited number (Credit Card Only)
Additional Fee for Corner Booth: $50 (Credit Card Only)
We want your time with us to be not only profitable, but also enjoyable. Artists who are accepted to the show will be sent information by e-mail prior to the show and a packet will be distributed at Check-in.
Set-up will begin Friday, March 27th from 9am to 5pm. Set-up on Saturday, March 28th shall begin 8am – 10am and all vehicles must be off site by 10am.